Get the help you need to quit smoking
It’s no secret that smoking is extremely harmful to the body. It is linked to a wide variety of diseases and medical conditions. No matter how frequently you smoke, quitting is extremely challenging. Quitting smoking is often one of the most difficult experiences one faces, but the payoff is incredible.
If you are trying to quit smoking, the more support you have, the better. Many individuals are eligible for free resources and support services through our smoking cessation program.
For information on our Introductory Informational Sessions, click here
In our Smoking Cessation program, you will learn about:
- Benefits of quitting
- How lung disease can affect you
- Why nicotine is so addictive
- Quitting methods, including cold turkey, nicotine reduction, medications
- Coping tools to get through the urges
- The importance of exercise and changing your daily routine
Benefits of our Smoking Cessation program include:
- Doctor visits
- Group, individual and phone counseling
This program is open to individuals who qualify as members of the Smoking Cessation Trust.
In order to participate, you must:
- Have a completed application
- Be a current Louisiana resident
- Have started smoking cigarettes before September 1, 1988
For more information call 504.349.6265
Smoking Cessation Trust
In late 2011, after a lawsuit between the state of Louisiana and American tobacco companies, the Smoking Cessation Trust of Louisiana was created, benefiting Louisiana residents who began their smoking habit before September 1, 1988. If you are approved as a member of the Trust, you can receive medications to help you quit smoking, individual/group counseling, and intensive support services completely free of charge.