WHO DAT say you can’t have some healthy options for game day? Enjoy these Saints-inspired recipes for this weekend's game, or just as an afternoon snack to fuel you for the rest of the day. Our registered dietitian, Devin Brittain, says they are quick and easy recipes that incorporate fruit and protein into your diet.
AK 41 Wings
Prep: 15 minutes Cook: 10 minutes Total: 25 minutes
Yield: 5 servings
- 2 lbs chicken drumettes
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup red hot sauce
- Several Dashes of tabasco sauce
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, minced
- Place chicken in a large pot and fill with cold water until chicken is covered by two inches.
- Bring water to a boil and boil for 10 minutes
- Remove cooked chicken from water and place them on a baking sheet
- Broil on high for 12 minutes, flipping halfway through until skin starts to crisp
- In a saucepan, melt butter and add garlic and rosemary.
- Add red hot sauce and tabasco sauce, stir.
- Remove from heat, add chicken and coat until the chicken is covered in sauce.
Serve with your favorite dipping sauce and enjoy!
Drew Breezy in the Big Easy Mocktail
Prep: 5 minutes
Yield: 6-8 servings
- 48 oz Strawberry Kombucha
- 1 bottle sparkling apple cider
- 1 cup strawberries, slices
- Juice of 3 limes
- 3-4 Rosemary Sprigs
- In a beverage dispenser or bowl, combine Kombucha, cider, strawberries, and lime juice.
- Throw in Fresh Rosemary Sprigs, stir.
- Serve over ice and garnish with fruit and rosemary, if desired.
About Devin Brittain:
Devin Brittain is a Registered Dietitian and Licensed Dietitian Nutritionist in the state of Louisiana. Born and raised in California, Devin obtained her Bachelors of Science in Food and Nutritional Sciences with an emphasis in Dietetics and Food Administration from California State University, Fresno. She then moved to Louisiana and completed her Dietetic Internship at Tulane’s School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine. Devin is currently the Outpatient Dietitian for the Cancer Center at West Jefferson Medical Center where she assists patients and teaches healthy cooking classes. She is serving on the board for the New Orleans Dietetic Association where she strongly advocates for the dietetic profession and the health of her community. In her free time, Devin enjoys attending festivals, reading, developing recipes, dancing, and cheering on the Saints! She is passionate about utilizing her food and nutrition knowledge to benefit others and believes in finding innovative ways to encourage a healthy lifestyle that works for each individual.