West Jefferson Medical Center's Patient/Family Advisory Council
Patients and their families are often the most knowledgeable members of the care team, and can offer unique perspectives and valuable feedback regarding the standard of care they receive. Patient advisors represent the views of a diverse patient group, with members providing insight which represents different genders, ages, incomes, geographic locations, information from personal inpatient or outpatient experiences, and more.
The Patient and Family Advisory Council (PFAC) at West Jefferson Medical Center is dedicated to the improvement of patient safety and quality of care, as well as the enhancement of our customer’s overall experience. The Advisory Committee is comprised of past and present patients and/or families, as well as West Jefferson Medical Center employees.
This shared relationship enables the Advisory Council to:
- Identify patient and family needs and concerns.
- Provide feedback on current systems and processes in the hospital.
- Generate new ideas to improve the standard of care.
- Act as advocates to integrate patient-centered care across the Medical Center.
Patient/Family Advisory Council Mission
Provide the voice of patients, parents and caregivers to enhance the philosophy of patient and family centered care at West Jefferson Medical Center, with a goal of obtaining optimal health, wellness and service.
Requirements of our PFAC Members:
- A positive approach and ability to share and see many different points of view.
- Good listening skills.
- Enthusiastic about the hospital’s mission of providing quality care in a comforting and cost effective manner.
- Ability to share both positive and negative experiences in a constructive way.
- Able to communicate and work with families and staff whose backgrounds, experiences and styles may be very different from their own.
Family and staff representatives are asked to participate in an orientation and, in general, can expect at least 6 council meetings and periodic subcommittee meetings at the hospital each year.
Questions OR Referrals: Call Guest Services at 504-349-1134 or email at Guestservicesweb@lcmchealth.org.