Advanced technology for effective surgical treatment
Injuries and diseases that affect your muscoskeletal system can severely inhibit your ability to move, perform daily tasks, and maintain a high quality of life. Your bones, joints, ligaments, muscles, tendons, and nerves are all interconnected, helping you get around and move in a variety of ways. When there is an issue with any of these muscoskeletal components, treatment is necessary to prevent further damage and restore physical motion.
If non-surgical treatment methods cannot effectively manage symptoms and improve your physical condition, orthopedic surgery might be the best option. Orthopedic surgery ranges from simple, non-invasive procedures to total joint replacements.
Orthopedic surgery can treat:
- Back pain
- Ruptured discs
- Club foot
- Bow legs
- Fractures and dislocations
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Sports- and work-related injuries
- Tendon injuries
- Pulled muscles
- Torn ligaments
- Sprains and strains
The orthopedic surgeons at West Jefferson Medical Center treat patients of all ages – newborns, children, adults, and the elderly – with these conditions among others.
The list of orthopedic surgeries we offer is exhaustive; our team is capable of handling procedures of any complexity.
Some of the most common procedures we perform are:
- Arthroscopy: Treats problems within the joint with an arthroscope
- Joint replacement: Completely removes a damaged or diseased joint, replacing it with a prosthesis
- Bone fracture repair: Repositions broken pieces of bone
- Spine fusion: Joins spinal bones together
- Osteotomy: Corrects bone deformities