Stroke Care on the West Bank
West Jefferson Medical Center was the first Primary Stroke Center in Louisiana earning national certification from The Joint Commission in 2006 and was named an Advanced Comprehensive Stroke Center by The Joint Commission in 2018. Since then, our team has continued to meet and exceed rigorous national standards for stroke care in order to provide patients with the greatest chance for recovery. We remain committed to providing each patient with comprehensive, interdisciplinary stroke care from the time they arrive by EMS to when they are recovering in rehab.
Our goal is to provide evidence-based care that integrates public health, preventative care, acute in-patient treatment, and rehabilitative services to patients with acute stroke. We strive to develop a collaborative system of stroke care within both the LCMC system and the Greater New Orleans Area in order to promote patient access to the full range of services associated with stroke prevention, treatment, and rehabilitation. Our facility provides a safe and therapeutic environment for patients that minimizes stress and maximizes humanity in a technical environment. We also provide hospital and community education on primary and secondary prevention of stroke.
West Jefferson Medical Center’s stroke care program has been recognized with the following honors:
- 2018 Advanced Certification for Comprehensive Stroke Centers by The Joint Commission
- 2018 Healthgrades America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Stroke Care
- 2018 Healthgrades Stroke Care Excellence Award – named among the top 5% in the nation for the treatment of stroke
- 2018 Healthgrades Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Stroke
- 2018 Get With The Guidelines Stroke Gold Plus Target: Stroke Elite Plus Honor Roll Quality Achievement Award
- 2017 Healthgrades Stroke Care Excellence Award – named among the top 10% in the nation for the treatment of stroke
- 2017 Healthgrades Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Stroke
- 2017 Women’s Choice Award as one of America’s Best Stroke Centers