Expert services in Neurology & Neurosurgery
Our Neuroscience department is a collaboration between West Jefferson and the Neurosurgery and Neurology divisions of Culicchia Neurological Center. Together, we’re committed to changing lives, advancing medicine, and improving access at the highest level of care. The Center for Neuroscience offers patients personalized, evidence-based care in the areas of neurology, neurosurgery, neuro-radiology, and neuro-oncology. Physicians provide quality care for individuals suffering with stroke, spinal conditions, brain tumors, balance disorders, and other neurological disorders. Additionally, specialty-trained doctors, nurses and staff are available on-site 24 hours a day, seven days a week to read diagnostic tests, monitor patients, and provide neurology and neurosurgery services.
Program highlights & recognitions
2018 Certified Comprehensive Stroke Center by The Joint Commission
- Certified Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission since 2006
- 2018 Get with the Guidelines Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award – Target: Stroke Honor Roll Elite Plus
- 2018 Healthgrades America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Stroke Care
- 2018 Healthgrades Stroke Care Excellence Award – named among the Top 5% in the nation for the treatment of stroke.
- 2017 Get with the Guidelines Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award – Target: Stroke Honor Roll Elite Plus
- 2017 Healthgrades Stroke Care Excellence Award – named among the Top 10% in the nation for the treatment of stroke.
- 2017 Healthgrades Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Stroke
- 2017 Women’s Choice Award as one of America’s Best Stroke Centers
- 2016 Get with the Guidelines Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award – Target: Stroke Honor Roll Elite Plus
- 2015 Target: Stroke Honor Roll- Elite: American Heart Association/American Stroke Association
- 2014 Get with the Guidelines Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award
Through our partnership with the Culicchia Neurological Clinic, WJMC is home to the ONLY Neuro-oncologist in the Gulf South Region. With access to the ONLY radiation therapy on the West Bank and to our nationally accredited cancer program, which has received commendation from the Commission on Cancer® of the American College of surgeons, patients can receive comprehensive treatment for brain cancer that is close to home.
WJMC provides quality patient care in the treatment of disorders of the
spine. From the diagnostic setting to post-treatment and comprehensive
rehabilitation, including a SwimEx Therapy Pool in the on campus Aquatics
Center, staff support physicians in the care of patients with diseases
and conditions of the spine.
Spine Care at West Jefferson involves comprehensive non-surgical and surgical treatments. The Spine Care Team at WJMC focuses on minimally-invasive procedures, often reducing recovery time, and treats a variety of spinal conditions including complex procedures relating to trauma and tumors. Physicians are also helping patients with Parkinson’s and other tremor disorders by providing alternative treatments. Click here to learn more.
Contact Us: Culicchia Neurological Clinic: 504.340.6976
Stroke Program Coordinator: 504.349.6020