Ultrasound on the West Bank
Non-invasive imaging service
An ultrasound is a safe and painless exam that uses sound waves to create images of the inside of your body. When most people think of an ultrasound, they think of it as just a way to examine a pregnant woman’s baby. While this is a common use of ultrasound technology, it is also a helpful way to diagnose medical conditions. The procedure is non-invasive and requires little to no preparation on the patient’s part.
We offer a complete range of ultrasound examinations, including but not limited to:
- Abdominal studies
- Vascular studies
- OB/GYN studies and thyroid studies
- Ultrasound-guided interventional studies, including liver and breast biopsies, thoracentesis, and paracentesis
An ultrasound procedure requires a computerized console, a video screen that displays images of the organs and internal structures, and a transducer that is scanned over the skin. Your doctor can observe and assess the images to determine what is causing symptoms like pain, swelling, or infection.
West Jeff's ultrasound department is ACR accredited and all of our technologists are certified by ARDMS.
Hours are as follows:
- 24/7 exam availability
- Regular department hours: Mon - Fri 7 AM - 11 PM; Sat 8 AM - 6:30 PM
- Call coverage on weeknights: 11 PM - 7 AM
- Call coverage on weekends: 6:30 PM Saturday night until Monday at 7 AM