Group Fitness Classes
An exiting & motivating way to stay active
Working out can be a lot more fun when you’re in a group! Led by professional, experienced, and friendly fitness trainers, our group fitness classes at West Jeff Fitness Center make every class an exciting and positive experience. Join fellow community members in your journey towards a healthier and more active lifestyle. Please click here for a complete schedule of our group fitness classes.
Strength & aerobics conditioning classes
Our strength and aerobics classes are fun and high-energy. We offer a wide range of classes that target different aspects of fitness and different parts of the body.
These classes include:
- Boot Camp - This fun and challenging ‘military style’ class mixes traditional calisthenics and body weight exercises with interval training and strength training to promote fat loss, camaraderie, and team effort.
- Cardio Boxing Blast - This high‐energy class incorporates martial arts with boxing techniques, in a powerful way that ultimately boosts the metabolism, burns calories, and decreases fat. You will need to bring your own boxing gloves.
- Health & Wellness - The Health & Wellness Circuit consists of a circular rotation of machines that creates a total body workout. Repetitions are based on the individual’s fitness level and can be tailored to all levels.
- Fitness 101 - This class is a useful option for a low impact whole body workout without the stress of joint discomfort. It will improve muscular strength, endurance, flexibility, and balance.
- Power Pump – A one-hour class to teach proper lifting techniques using barbells and plates. Designed to firm, tone, strengthen, and define muscles of the arms, shoulders, abs, chest, back, and legs.
- Super Circuit - High-energy training that combines athletic aerobic movements with strength and stabilization exercises.
- Spinning - Our indoor cycling classes provide a great aerobics workout and are geared towards any fitness level.
Dancing is a great way to have fun while burning calories and getting your heart pumping! West Jeff Fitness Center offers innovative dance workouts that combine the best choreography with the best music.
Our dance classes include:
- Cardio Dance
- Line Dancing
Complete health incorporates wellness of both the mind and body. Participating in fitness activities that are relaxing can improve your daily well-being and your long-term quality of time.
Our mind/body classes include:
- Yoga - In this class, postures will be practiced aligning, strengthen, and promote flexibility in the body. Breathing techniques and meditation are also integrated. You can expect an emphasis on simplicity, repetition, and ease of movement. Full-body relaxation and balance are the goals of this class. Equipment needed? Mat, straps, block.
- Pilates Reformer Sessions – Sessions include a focus on basic exercises to assess your overall strength and flexibility, as well as breathing techniques for core strength. Exercises range from beginner to advanced, depending on the individual needs of the client. Pilates sessions are appropriate for clients of any age or fitness level. 1 private lesson is $45, or get 6 lessons for $210.
- Yoga Pilates Fusion - Pilates fusion incorporates exercises from different workout styles - including barre, yoga, strength training, cardio, and dance - to give a modern twist to mat pilates. This class has a deep focus on the core and emphasizes moves that will tone, stretch, meditation, and elongate muscles. Equipment needed? Mat
Participants in all yoga classes will need to bring their own yoga mat, block, and straps.
Senior specialty classes
West Jefferson Fitness Center is proud to offer fitness classes specially tailored to senior clients. Our senior specialty classes address the unique needs of seniors and are customized to best suit their bodies and abilities.
These classes include:
- Fitness 101- For beginners, a low impact, moderate intensity class that will help jump start your fitness journey.