Group Fitness Classes
An exiting & motivating way to stay active
Working out can be a lot more fun when you’re in a group! Led by professional, experienced, and friendly fitness trainers, our group fitness classes at West Jeff Fitness Center make every class an exciting and positive experience. Join fellow community members in your journey towards a healthier and more active lifestyle. Please click here for a complete schedule of our group fitness classes.
Strength & aerobics conditioning classes
Our strength and aerobics classes are fun and high-energy. We offer a wide range of classes that target different aspects of fitness and different parts of the body.
These classes include:
- Aquacise (Marrero location) - A fun and stimulating, ultra‐low impact group exercise class in chest deep water.
- Boot Camp - This fun and challenging ‘military style’ class mixes traditional calisthenics and body weight exercises with interval training and strength training to promote fat loss, camaraderie, and team effort.
- Bosu Total Body – Bosu means Both Sides Utilized. This course allows you to train for multiple components of fitness including balance, stability, core, and more!
- Core Strength / Tummy Tightener - These classes focus on a flat stomach with specialty classes that focuses on melting fat from the midsection. Build a solid foundation while enhancing strength, flexibility, endurance, and coordination.
- Cardio Boxing Blast - This high‐energy class incorporates martial arts with boxing techniques, in a powerful way that ultimately boosts the metabolism, burns calories, and decreases fat. You will need to bring your own boxing gloves.
- Power Pump – A one-hour class to teach proper lifting techniques using barbells and plates. Designed to firm, tone, strengthen, and define muscles of the arms, shoulders, abs, chest, back, and legs.
- Super Circuit - High-energy training that combines athletic aerobic movements with strength and stabilization exercises.
- Spinning - Our indoor cycling classes provide a great aerobics workout and are geared towards any fitness level.
- Step - An elevated platform is used in this rhythmic class to give you the ultimate calorie burning workout.
- Tai Chi - Tai Chi is an ancient Chinese exercise for total self-development. These slow movements provide relaxation and a path to good health for people of all ages.
- The Challenge – High-energy training that combines aerobic exercises with strength and stability exercises.
Dancing is a great way to have fun while burning calories and getting your heart pumping! West Jeff Fitness Center offers innovative dance workouts that combine the best choreography with the best music.
Our dance classes include:
- Cardio Dance
- Line Dancing
Complete health incorporates wellness of both the mind and body. Participating in fitness activities that are relaxing can improve your daily well-being and your long-term quality of time.
Our mind/body classes include:
- Flow Yoga - This class is between gentle yoga and power yoga. Each pose flows from the previous pose.
- Gentle Yoga - Beginners can start their yoga practice with this class that moves slowly through the basic poses.
- Pilates Reformer Sessions – Sessions include a focus on basic exercises to assess your overall strength and flexibility, as well as breathing techniques for core strength. Exercises range from beginner to advanced, depending on the individual needs of the client. Pilates sessions are appropriate for clients of any age or fitness level. 1 private lesson is $45, or get 6 lessons for $210.
- Power Yoga - A stronger and faster-paced class designed to focus on the breath and its relationship to the pose. This practice is a total body workout that creates longer, leaner muscles and a body with more mobility to improve circulation.
Participants in all yoga classes will need to bring their own yoga mat, block, and straps.
Senior specialty classes
West Jeff Fitness Center is proud to offer fitness classes specially tailored to senior clients. Our senior specialty classes address the unique needs of seniors and are customized to best suit their bodies and abilities.
These classes include:
- Aquacise (Marrero location) - A fun and stimulating, ultra‐low impact, group exercise class in chest deep water.
- Fitness 101/Senior Circuit - For beginners, a low impact, moderate intensity class that will help jump start your fitness journey.
- Silver Sneakers - This class utilizes a variety of exercise equipment and makes fitness fun. In turn, it helps to increase strength and stamina, which will also contribute to helping you perform regular daily activities.
- BOOM - Three action-packed classes designed for the active Baby Boomer. Muscle: a unique blend of cardio and strength-based exercises. Mind: a fusion of yoga and pilates that focuses on stretching and core strength. Move It: a dance workout class that improves cardiovascular endurance