Learn best practices. Decide what you want. Tell your care team your wishes. Being prepared helps you and your new baby have a great hospital stay.
Build your team
Discuss this sheet with each person and mark the checkbox.
Stay connected with local resources
Louisiana WIC: WIC provides nutritional services, breastfeeding support and supplemental food for pregnant women, new mothers, infants and children. WIC will schedule a clinic visit as soon as possible after delivery to breastfeeding moms and their infant to provide timely breastfeeding support. Contact your local agency at:
- Children’s Medical Center WIC Clinic: 504.613.0921
- Crescent City WIC Services: 504.247.0592
- Jefferson Parish Health Unit: 504.349.8802, ext.272
- Children’s Medical Center WIC Clinic: 504.363.4899
- To locate a WIC clinic near you, please call: 1.800.251.BABY(2229)
- Partners for Healthy Babies: 1.800.251.BABY(2229) PartnersforHealthyBabies.org Connects moms to pregnancy resources, services and information.
- Aliados Para Bebes Sanos: 1.800.251.BABY(2229) AliadosParaBebesSanos.org Conecta a mamas embarazadas con recursos, servicios e información.
- Nurse Family Partnership: 504.568.5926 Provides home visiting services from a nurse to support first-time moms throughout pregnancy and until baby’s 2nd birthday.
- Louisiana Breastfeeding Coalition: Louisianabreastfeeding.org Provides breastfeeding information and resources for mothers, families and communities.
Breastfeeding Consults: 504.349.6004
- Inpatient/outpatient consultations and pump rentals. Please call for more information.
Newborn Services: 504.349.2173
- Car seat safety and NICU discharge planner.
- Please join us to learn about breastfeeding, childbirth, baby care & sibling
- Text4baby: Text4baby.org Get FREE text messages on prenatal care, baby health, parenting and more.
- La Leche League of Jefferson: www.LLLJefferson.com Mom-to-mom breastfeeding support. Contact for more information.
- Café au Lait: 504.535.4913 Breastfeeding support group for women of color. Call for more information.
- Healthy Start New Orleans: 504.658.2600 Want to learn more about breastfeeding? Please call for more information
Need Assistance? Call The Family Birth Place at West Jefferson Medical Center 504.349.6004