The Family Birth Place
Providing family birth care for the region
The birth of your child is a life-changing event, and our team at West Jefferson Medical Center is honored to play a part in it. Our Family Birth Place staff is committed to creating a positive pregnancy and birth experience. We offer comprehensive services to make sure your family is prepared for the big day.
The following services can help you create a positive birth experience:
- Pregnancy and Child Birth Education
- Child Birth Preparation
- After Your Baby is Born
- Postpartum Support
- Breastfeeding Support
A facility built with your comfort in mind
The Family Birth Place was designed to accommodate the needs of expectant mothers and their little ones. From prenatal classes to a quality nursing staff ready to guide you through the birth process, our hospital treats every patient with the commitment and compassion they deserve.
This department offers:
- State-of-the-art labor/delivery and recovery suites and postpartum unit
- Level III NICU (10-bed)
- Rn’s, certified RN’s, lamaze certified childbirth educators
- Breastfeeding supplies and pump rentals
- International board certified lactation consultant and nationally certified lactation counselors
- Free lactation assistance after hospital discharge
We encourage you to contact us at 504.349.6200 to learn more about our facility and what we will do to help you through your pregnancy.