The Family Birth Place
Providing family birth care for the region
The birth of your child is a life-changing event, and our team at West Jefferson Medical Center is honored to play a part in it. Our Family Birth Place staff is committed to creating a positive pregnancy and birth experience. We offer comprehensive services to make sure your family is prepared for the big day.
The following services can help you create a positive birth experience:
- Pregnancy and Child Birth Education
- Child Birth Preparation
- After Your Baby is Born
- Postpartum Support
- Breastfeeding Support
Looking to learn more about the Family Birth Place? Give us a call at 504.349.6200.
A facility built with your comfort in mind
The Family Birth Place was designed to accommodate the needs of expectant mothers and their little ones. From prenatal classes to a quality nursing staff ready to guide you through the birth process, our hospital treats every patient with the commitment and compassion they deserve.
This department offers:
- State-of-the-art labor/delivery and recovery suites and postpartum unit
- Level III NICU (10-bed)
- Rn’s, certified RN’s, lamaze certified childbirth educators
- Breastfeeding supplies and pump rentals
- International board certified lactation consultant and nationally certified lactation counselors
- Free lactation assistance after hospital discharge