Tilt Table Test
Please make arrangements to arrive thirty minutes prior to the time of the procedure. Upon arrival to the hospital, please report to Patient Registration. You should plan to be in the hospital for 3 hours.
The test consists of three parts:
1. An IV will be placed in your arm. You will placed supine on the tilt table and secured with safety straps. Baseline blood pressure and pulse are obtained.
2. The table is then tilted 60 degrees and blood pressure and heart rate are monitored throughout the test.
3. Administration of additional medications may be given depending on initial response to testing.
1. Please wear comfortable clothing to the testing facility, and leave all jewelry at home.
2. You will need to fast six (6) hours prior to the test. Do not drink alcoholic beverages for at least twenty-four (24) hours before the procedure. You should not eat or drink again until after the test.
3 .Do not consume caffeine 12 hours prior to the test. This includes coffee, cola, tea, chocolate, or any medications containing caffeine (such as diet pills or some headache medications).
If you have been prescribed any of the following medications, you should hold them for 24 hours prior to your test unless otherwise instructed by your physician..
- Betapace (Sotalol)
- Blocadren (Timolol)
- Bystolic (Nebivolol)
- Cialis (Tadalafil)
- Coreg (Carvedilol)
- Levitra (Vardenafil)
- Lopressor (Metoprolol)
- Normodyne (Labetalol)
- Tenormin (Atenolol)
- Theo-dur (Theophylline)
- Timolide (Timolol)
- Toprol (Metoprolol)
- Trandate (Labetalol)
- Viagra (Sildenafil)
- Visken (Pindolol)
- Ziac (Bisoprolol)
Take all of your other scheduled medications. Failure to follow the instructions provided on this patient information page may result in your test being rescheduled
If you have any questions, please call 504.349.6800. If it becomes necessary to reschedule your appointment, please do so at least 1 working day before your test by calling 504.349.6810.