Cancer prevention & screening
Know your risk factors
Cancer can be an intimidating disease, but you do not need to live in constant fear of it. There are actually many ways we can assess your risk factors and detect cancer in the early stages before it has a chance to spread.
Our programs are consistent with the national guidelines for cancer prevention. For more information, call 504.349.6763.
The cancer prevention and screening services at West Jefferson Medical Center can help you take steps to manage and possibly prevent cancers you have an increased risk of developing.
Talk to your doctor about your family’s history with cancer and other factors that could increase your risk, including your lifestyle and occupation.
We offer the following prevention and screening services:
- Breast Cancer Prevention and Screening
- Cervical Cancer Prevention and Screening
- Colon Cancer Prevention
- Education/Cancer Awareness
- Lung Cancer Prevention and Screening
- Prostate Cancer Prevention
- Skin Cancer Prevention and Screening
- Smoking Cessation Program
- Weight Loss Program
To schedule a screening, call 504.349.6763.