Total Joint Connection
The Joint Connection pre-admit classes are designed to better prepare you for your total knee replacement or your total hip replacement surgery.
Classes are held in the 5 South Conference Room, located on 5th floor of the hospital. This class is in addition to your pre-admit appointment. The class times are coordinated with your pre-admit appointment to respect your time.
Class times are as follows:
- Knee replacement patients – Tuesday mornings 10:00am – 11:00 am
- Hip replacement patients – Wednesday afternoon 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm
NOTE: if you cannot keep your scheduled appointment call 504.349.2569
The pre-op registration area is open between 08:00 am and 3:20 pm. You should have a pre-admit appointment scheduled. If you do not, please call 504.349.2437 to schedule an appointment.
- Brief review of information and paperwork in folder by RN
- Arthritis and anatomy of joint (knee or hip)
- Surgical procedure
- Surgery preparation
- Potential risks and complications of surgery
- Pain management after surgery - PCA pump, nerve blocks
- Plan of care after surgery and discharge planning
- Discussion and demonstration by physical therapist
- Discharge planning needs assessment for case management department. It is important that you provide some information that will help the case manager make sure your needs are met. This information is important to make your return home a smooth transition.