Please help us to maintain a healthy, safe and enjoyable environment in the Aquatic Center by adhering to the Regulations and Aquatic Center Rules. All persons using the aquatic area must familiarize themselves with these requirements.
- One (1) pool lane is available for lap swimming during Free Swim Periods.
- Two (2) pool lanes are also reserved for Open Swim during Free Swim Periods.
- The following times are reserved for Free Swim (in the three designated lanes) :
- Monday: 5am to 7am, 9am to 10am, 11am to 5:30pm and 6:30pm to 8:50pm
- Tuesday: 5am to 6am, 7am to 8am, 9am to 10am, 11am to 5:30pm and 6:30pm to 8:50pm
- Wednesday: 5am to 7am, 9am to 10am, 11am to 5:30pm and 6:30pm to 8:50pm
- Thursday: 5am to 7am, 9am to 10am, 11am to 5:30pm and 6:30pm to 8:50pm
- Friday: 5am to 8am, 9am to 10am, 11am to 8:50pm.
- Saturday: 7am to 8am, 9am to 4:50pm
- Sunday: 8am to 3:50pm
- One lane is available for lap swimmers during the designated free swim time for continuous lap swimming. Lap swimmers must stay on the right side of the pool (window side) to exercise this option. Lap swimming must only be done in designated lanes. Be courteous when asking to share the lane area. Up to 3 members are able to lap swim in the designated area marked.
- West Jefferson Fitness Center does not allow youth under the age of 16 to enter the pool, spa, or swim area unless they are engaged in a scheduled swimming lesson.
- Louisiana Health Codes requires that all patrons shower before entering the pool area.
- Food and beverage are NOT permitted in the pool or deck area.
- Absolutely no glass is permitted in the pool area at any time.
- Please immediately report any disruptive or unsafe conditions in the pool area to the front desk.
- To protect your feet, it is recommended that you wear aqua shoes while in the pool area.
- Clothing: Swimming attire (i.e. bathing suits) are to be worn at all times while in the swimming pool, spa or SwimEx. No cut-off shorts, halter tops or street clothes are to be worn in the pool area at any time.
- Absolutely NO diving, jumping or running allowed.
- Please return your pool equipment to its proper place after each use.
- Avoid the Pool and Spa if you have contagious diseases, open wounds, infections, bandages or illnesses.
- Remember to drink plenty of water before and after water activities.
- No Life Guard On Duty - Swim At Your Own Risk!
- Pool Temperature: West Jefferson Fitness Center adheres to the Standards of Care recommended by the Arthritis Foundation and the Aquatic Exercise Association. Both organizations recommend maintaining pool water temperature between 86 to 88 degrees. We maintain the water temperature accordingly.
- Spa Temperature: The Spa water temperature is kept between 102-104 degrees.
Thank you for your cooperation. Our members are very important to us. We want you to have a safe, enjoyable and pleasant experience in the Aquatic Center during each of your visits. The Management of the Fitness Center welcomes your questions.
Click here to view the PDF schedule