Protecting our home: Visitor restrictions
The Louisiana Department of Health has asked all healthcare facilities to restrict visitor access as well as perform a safety screening including a temperature check on all visitors, in order to ensure public health and prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Until further notice, visitor restrictions will remain in conjunction with the guidelines presented by the Louisiana Department of Health, which shall include that all permitted visitors will wear a mask while in our facilities.
- COVID+ and PUI patients: no visitation permitted.
- All visitors must be screened for COVID symptoms—no visitors with symptoms or a temperature will be permitted on campus.
- Emergency Room: No visitation permitted.
- Clinic(s): no visitation permitted.
Inpatient and Outpatient Care Areas:
- Visitation of patients who are not COVID positive, will be limited to one visitor/patient support person (18 years or older) per day.
- No swap outs will be permitted.
Exceptions may be made for patients in end-of-life care, hospice, or critical
illness on a case-by-case basis and at the discretion of the care team
(e.g. attending physicians and nursing leadership).
- Visitation approval must be immediately communicated by the Charge Nurse to the House Supervisor on-duty. Visiting hours will be 8:30 am to 8 pm seven days per week
Labor and Delivery/NICU:
- For laboring, antepartum, and postpartum patients, one support person will be permitted per patient per day. Overnight visitation will be permitted.
- No swap outs will be permitted.
We're here for our community: Screening center
In the face of the ongoing impact Coronavirus is having on our local community, we know that you are concerned and want answers to the many questions you have. We're doing everything possible to protect our community while providing exceptional care for our patients during this time. Here's what we're doing to help. We are proud to announce the re-opening of the West Jefferson Medical Center Screening Center. The goal of our screening center is to meet the growing needs of our community and help prevent the continuous spread of infection.
Step 1: Call us
If you or your family are experiencing minor symptoms such as fever, cough, body aches, sore throat, runny nose or any other cold like symptoms, call our LCMC Health COVID-19 Hotline to talk to our dedicated nursing team who will conduct a screening over-the-phone and advise on next steps for care.
Our Hotline is available seven days a week. It is open 8am-11pm weekdays and 8am-8pm weekends.
Step 2: Come see us
If our hotline determines that you need further evaluation you can visit our drive-thru Screening Center at West Jefferson Medical Center.
Our Screening Center is open Monday - Friday from 10am – 5pm, and conveniently located near West Jefferson Medical Center at 4413 Wichers Dr., Marrero, LA 70072.
When you arrive to the West Jefferson Medical Center, we’ll have lots of signage to help guide you to the screening area. Please bring a valid ID and insurance card. You will need to remain in your car at all times to maintain appropriate levels of social distancing.
Please note, you must call our screening hotline prior to coming in to our screening center.
Are you visiting us for your COVID-19 vaccine?
Our Vaccine Center is open on Fridays only from 1 - 4pm in the South Tower of our Physician's Center in suite South-640. Appointments are preferred, but walk-ins are welcomed. To schedule an appointment, please call 504.349.6824.