Protecting our home: Visitor restrictions
The Louisiana Department of Health has asked all healthcare facilities to restrict visitor access as well as perform a safety screening including a temperature check on all visitors, in order to ensure public health and prevent the spread of COVID-19. Until further notice, visitor restrictions will remain in conjunction with the guidelines presented by the Louisiana Department of Health, which shall include that all permitted visitors will wear a mask while in our facilities.
Any personal belongings of COVID-19 positive patients will be collected and delivered to patients daily at 10am and 2:30pm. Perishable food items will not be accepted at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- Visiting hours: 8:30am - 8pm, no swap outs permitted.
- Visitors who are COVID+ are not permitted to visit.
- No visitation is permitted for admitted COVID+ patients. Visitation may be allowed in end-of-life situations but must be approved by the House Supervisor.
- All visitors must be screened for COVID symptoms. No visitors with symptoms or a temperature will be permitted on campus.
Visits to the Emergency Room:
- At the discretion of the ER staff, COVID negative patients in the Emergency Room are allowed one visitor. No swap outs permitted.
- At the discretion of the ER staff, COVID+ patients in the Emergency Room may have one visitor. No swap outs permitted. The approved visitor must be at least 18 years of age; must wear full PPE and may not leave the patient's room during the visit. ED Director, House Supervisor, or hospital administration will determine visitation approval for COVID+ in the Emergency Room.
Inpatient and Outpatient Care Areas:
- Visitation of patients who are not COVID positive, will be limited to one visitor/patient support person (18 years or older) per day. No swap outs permitted. Only visitors essential to a patient's care are permitted to stay overnight.
- COVID+ patients will not be allowed any visitors. Exceptions will be made for patients in end-of-life care, hospice, or critical illness on a case-by-case basis and at the discretion of hospital administration.
- Critical care hours are 8am - 6:30pm.
Labor and Delivery/NICU:
- For laboring, antepartum, and postpartum patients, one adult visitors is allowed per patient per day (18 years or older). No swap outs will be permitted.
- NICU visitation hours are from 8am - 6pm or 8pm - 11pm. Mom and significant other may visit once per day, either together or at separate times.
- Disruptive visitors will be asked to leave and will not be allowed back for further patient visitation.
- All visitors must sign a waiver of liability.
- No visitors are allowed during active drills or natural disaster events, i.e. hurricanes.
- Visitation is restricted to immediate family members or significant other.
- Visitation can be revoked as deemed necessary by the house supervisor, Chief Medical Officer, or Chief Nursing Officer.
- Visitation is only permissible when adequate PPE is available.
Are you in need of COVID-19 testing?
Our COVID-19 Testing Center is open Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9am - 4pm. We're conveniently located on the hospital campus at 4413 Wichers Drive, Marrero, LA 70072.
Are you visiting us for your COVID-19 vaccine?
Our Vaccine Center is now closed. However, you can still schedule your vaccine or booster by appointment only. Simply call 504.349.6824.
Additional Helpful Resources
COVID-19 Vaccine FAQs
Remember to bring a mask, a valid ID, and your insurance card.
Anyone over the age of 12-years-old can receive the vaccine.
At this time, there will be no direct cost to patients for the COVID-19 vaccine.