Protecting our home: Visitor restrictions
The Louisiana Department of Health has asked all healthcare facilities to restrict visitor access as well as perform a safety screening including a temperature check on all visitors, in order to ensure public health and prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Until further notice, visitor restrictions will remain in conjunction with the guidelines presented by the Louisiana Department of Health, which shall include that all permitted visitors will wear a mask while in our facilities.
- Visiting hours: 8:30am - 8pm, no swap outs
- Visitors who are COVID+ are not permitted to visit.
- All visitors must be screened for COVID symptoms. No visitors with symptoms or a temperature will be permitted on campus.
Visits to the Emergency Room:
- Non-COVID patients in the Emergency Room are allowed one visitor with no swapping out, and at the discretion of the ER staff.
- COVID+ patients in the Emergency Room may have one visitor with no swapping out, and at the discretion of the ER staff. Visitor must be 18 years of age and over, must wear full PPE, and may not leave the patient's room during the visit.
COVID+ and PUI patients on Med-surg and Critical Care units will be allowed
visitation between the hours of 9 - 11am and 8 - 10pm.
A COVID+ patient may have 1 visitor per visitation window. Patient's visitor
must wear full PPE and may not leave the patient's room during the visit.
All visitors must be 18 years of age and older.
- Visits to patients in critical care may be limited to 15 minutes at the bedside.
- Visits to patients on the floor may also be limited at the discretion of the staff.
- Terminal patients may be allowed up to 4 visitors at the time of the patient's passing.
- A COVID+ patient may have 1 visitor per visitation window. Patient's visitor must wear full PPE and may not leave the patient's room during the visit. All visitors must be 18 years of age and older.
- Disruptive visitors will be asked to leave and will not be allowed back for further patient visitation.
- All visitors must sign a waiver of liability.
- No visitors are allowed during active drills or natural disaster events, i.e. hurricanes.
- Visitation is restricted to immediate family members or significant other.
- Visitation can be revoked as deemed necessary by the house supervisor, Chief Medical Officer, or Chief Nursing Officer.
- Visitation is only permissible when adequate PPE is available.
Inpatient and Outpatient Care Areas:
Visitation of patients who are not COVID positive, will be limited to one
visitor/patient support person (18 years or older) per day.
- Visitation of patients who are not COVID positive, will be limited to one visitor/patient support person (18 years or older) per day.
Labor and Delivery/NICU:
- For laboring, antepartum, and postpartum patients, one support person will be permitted per patient per day. Overnight visitation will be permitted.
- No swap outs will be permitted.
Are you visiting us for your COVID-19 vaccine?
Our Vaccine Center is open Monday - Friday from 9am - 2pm. We're conveniently located at the front of our hospital campus at 4535 Westbank Expressway, Marrero, LA 70072. Appointments are preferred, but walk-ins are welcomed. To schedule an appointment, please call 504.349.6824.
Additional Helpful Resources
COVID-19 Vaccine FAQs
Remember to bring a mask, a valid ID, and your insurance card.
Anyone over the age of 12-years-old can receive the vaccine.
At this time, there will be no direct cost to patients for the COVID-19 vaccine.