West Jeff Family Fest Food Vendor Information
The 8th West Jeff Family Fest is better than ever! The Festival kicks off on Friday, October 13 at 6pm!
Your company is invited to have a very visible presence at West Jefferson
Medical Center’s 8th West Jeff Family Fest presented by the West
Jefferson Hospital Foundation. This unique opportunity for brand exposure
includes a booth with many benefits. If you become a vendor at the 2017
West Jeff Family Fest, it will be a great way to promote your business
and to reach new potential customers.
Your participation would assist the West Jefferson Hospital Foundation, a non-profit entity, to meet their mission while enjoying a fun family-oriented event. This year’s Festival proceeds will benefit West Jefferson Medical Center including the Cancer Center, Cardiology, Pediatrics, Rehab Services, Community Outreach and so much more.
Our Family Caring for Your Family
We hope you decide to get involved and join in on the excitement. The event will feature live music (The Topcats, Ryan Foret & Foret Tradition, The Joey Thomas Band, Aaron Foret Band and Junior & Sumtin’ Sneaky), a car and bike show, amusement rides, cruise night, great food and drinks, costume contest, Kid Zone, trunk or treat, raffles, door prizes and more.
Vendor booth - $300
- Convenient location
- 10’ x 10’ canopy with ample lighting
- Three (3) - 8’ tables and 2 chairs
- One reserved parking spot
- Recognition in promotional materials
- On-campus recognition
- Note: No beverage sales may be sold in booth on premises
- Approved menu items only due to menu exclusivity
Food vendor guidelines agreement:
The attached Application,when accepted by the West Jeff Family Festival, as presented by the West Jefferson Hospital Foundation (hereinafter called the FESTIVAL), is considered a contract between the FESTIVAL and the VENDOR. In consideration of the mutual agreements below and subject to the conditions expressed below, it is agreed as follows:
- The FESTIVAL hereby grants the VENDOR the right to use a booth as assigned in the Festival area the day(s) of the FESTIVAL. 10’ X 10’ booths are available for $300.
- Each food booth will consist of a 10’ x 10’ booth provided by the FESTIVAL. The West Jefferson Hospital Foundation will provide up to 3 tables and 2 chairs. VENDOR provides table cloth and booth decorations.
- In order to ensure the quality of the FESTIVAL, each VENDOR will offer for sale on the day(s) of the FESTIVAL, only food items pre-approved by the FESTIVAL. NO beverages may be sold in any food booths or on premises.
- VENDORS shall not be allowed to hold Raffles and/or sell Raffle Tickets of any kind. This act is prohibited without a permit and is being done exclusively by the FESTIVAL.
- BOOTH will be assigned AFTER the contract is signed and returned / approved by the FESTIVAL and the fee is paid (credit card or a check is received). There will be an additional charge of $28 for any check returned due to insufficient funds.
- VENDOR agrees to pay all applicable state and local taxes. It shall be the responsibility of the VENDOR to collect and remit taxes to the State and Parish Agents.
- BOOTH will be provided with 1-120 volt 20 amp receptacles, if needed, unless additional power is requested and authorized (Additional fee will be charged for added electricity). Each booth will have electric capacity of 16 amps. To figure what amps you will be using, add wattage of appliance then divide by 120.
- We do NOT provide cash or change before, during or after the FESTIVAL.
- FOOD items (Menu) will be approved on a first-come first-served basis. No duplicate food items will be allowed. Food approval is confirmed upon payment receipt. No additional items may be sold after approval is obtained for the selected item(s).
- Please plan cookware appropriately. Burners are allowed according to the Fire Code (NFPA101). Cooking equipment will be inspected by the Fire Department prior to use. Safety Inspections will begin at 4pm on Friday, October 13. VENDORS will not be allowed to cook if they do not pass the safety inspection. No frying or open flame cooking is allowed under the tents.
- VENDOR must provide a UL Classification of 2A:10BC or larger fire extinguisher (Such as 4A:20BC and so on). This is an ABC type Fire Extinguisher. All extinguishers MUST be tagged with an up-to-date inspection tag that shows that a certified extinguisher company has inspected it.
- VENDORS may set up at these times on FESTIVAL days: Friday, October 13 tentatively beginning at Noon. All vehicles must be removed prior to 5pm. Saturday, October 14 tentatively beginning at 8am. All vehicles must be removed prior to 11am. No parking is allowed in the booth/vendor areas with the exception of show cars taking part in the car show.
- VENDORS must be in their respective booth with supplies on the days of the FESTIVAL no later than these times: Friday, October 13 by 5pm; Saturday, October 14 by 11am. Booths must be attended at ALL times during FESTIVAL hours (Fri: 6pm-11pm/Sat: Noon to 10pm).
- VENDORS may break down their booth only after 10pm on Saturday, October 14. No early dismantling is permitted. All booths must be completely dismantled by 11pm on October 14.
- VENDORS must send a representative to a Vendor Meeting on Thursday, September 21 @ 5:30pm. The meeting will take place at West Jefferson Medical Center in the Marrero/Westwego Classroom down the Hall of History.
- FESTIVAL reserves the right to evict a VENDOR immediately for unethical sales or behaviors that, in the opinion of the FESTIVAL, would prove harmful to the reputation of the FESTIVAL.
- In the event the West Jefferson Hospital Foundation is unable to hold this FESTIVAL due to any cause whatsoever, beyond its control, then, in such event, the VENDOR hereby waives all claims for damages or compensation except for the return of the VENDOR’S payment for rental of space.
- VENDOR agrees to and shall unequivocally protect, indemnify, defend, and hold harmless West Jefferson Medical Center, West Jefferson Hospital Foundation, Louisiana Children’s Medical Center, Jefferson Parish Hospital Service District No. 1, Parish of Jefferson, a political subdivision of the State of Louisiana, and each and every of their appointed officials, departments, boards, agents, trustees, directors, members, servants, volunteers, employees, contractors, contributors, donors, affiliates, and contest judges (collectively, “West Jefferson”) from and against any and all present or future actions, claims, demands, suits, losses, expenses (including, but not limited to, fines, penalties court costs, and attorney’s fees), costs, damages, liabilities or judgments of any nature whatsoever, whether known or unknown as though expressly set forth and described herein, asserted by any person for injury, sickness, disease or death, or damages to persons or property, including, but not limited to, loss of use resulting therefrom which West Jefferson may incur, suffer, become liable for, or which may be asserted or claimed against West Jefferson caused by, arising out of, related to, resulting from, or by reason of VENDOR’S participation in the West Jeff Family Festival and/or any negligent or intentional acts or omissions, whether they are actual or alleged, even if such is groundless, false or fraudulent, of mine, and anyone directly or indirectly acting on behalf of, by, or through VENDOR. West Jefferson shall not be required to sustain an actual loss for the duty to protect, defend, indemnify and hold harmless set out in these provisions to commence and the duty to defend and indemnify shall begin at the onset of any claim or litigation. Without limitation to the foregoing, the provisions of this paragraph shall extend to claims which would typically be considered Workers’ Compensation or Employer Liability claims.
The West Jefferson Hospital Foundation (WJH Foundation) is a 501(c) (3) non-profit entity which provides financial support to West Jefferson Medical Center (WJMC). The WJH Foundation is a legally separate entity from WJMC and serves as a charitable support organization operated exclusively for charitable, educational and scientific purposes within the meaning of 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended, or the corresponding provision of any future United States tax code. Sponsorship monies for the festival will be deposited into the general fund of the WJH Foundation. These funds will be used to support the mission of WJMC. The WJH Foundation and the Board of Directors shall oversee the distribution of funds. Donations are accepted from individuals and /or corporations and may be given as an Annual Gift, in Planned Giving installments, Stock or as a one time Honorary Memorial Gift to honor a loved one. Donations to the WJH Foundation may be deemed unrestricted or restricted. Gifts are considered tax deductible to the extent of the law.