West Jefferson Medical Center (WJMC) proudly announces that eight members of its Nursing Department have been named to the ‘Great 100 Nurses’ for 2013. The Nurses are being honored for their commitment to quality patient care and community. Our Great 100 Nurses are as follows:
- Melvin Bacchus, RN, BSN, CCRN (Clinic Manager of the ICU)
- Kathleen Beaudion, RN, BSN, MN (Clinical Manager/Educator of Inpatient Wound Care)
- Malinda Ferrell, APRN, MSN, NNP‐BC (Neonatal Nurse Practioner)
- Shirley Grimmett, RN‐C, AND (Clinical Manager of Same Day Surgery)
- Kevin Harris, RN, BSN (Clinical Director of Family Birth Center/Child Services)
- Michelle Kay, RN, BSN (3‐West)
- Trenice Knoten‐Roché, RN, AND (3‐West)
- Carla Odom, RN, BSN, RNC‐LRN (Clinician in the NICU)
“Since the program’s inception, more than 100 WJMC nurses have been named for caring, courage and commitment,” said Michael Adcock, the Interim Chief Nursing Officer at West Jefferson.
The Great 100 was established by nursing entrepreneur P.K. Scheerle. Nominations are sought by the Great 100 Nurses Foundation each year and submitted by patients; their loved ones; families, friends and colleagues of nurses and others outside the nursing profession. “The Great 100 program recognizes outstanding nurses and the individual sacrifices they make in pursuing their calling,” Adcock added. “The honor also speaks to the high quality of care provided to our patients and our commitment to the WJMC mission.”
The nurses will be honored at the annual Great 100 Nurses celebration on Wednesday, October 16th at the Pontchartrain Center in Kenner, starting at 7:00PM.
“We celebrate with our nursing colleagues the practice and excellence that is nursing,” Adcock said. “In addition to introducing our West Jeff honorees of the Great 100 Nurses of Louisiana in various publications, community outreach, and outdoor billboards, we are also proud to inscribe their names on our Great 100 Nurses plaque in our Hall of History.”