West Jeff Rehab Center
- The Medical Director is a physician specially trained in rehabilitation who will coordinate your overall
treatment program and oversee the efforts of the rehab team.
- Your Rehabilitation Nurses will give you around-the-clock personal care and are a good resource for any
questions you or your family may have about your recovery.
- Your Physical Therapists will teach you exercises that will help improve your balance, strength, and mobility.
If necessary, they will also instruct you on safe and correct use of mobility devices such as walkers and canes,
braces, and artificial limbs.
- Your Occupational Therapists will focus on improving your everyday living skills, including bathing, dressing
and eating. They may also train you on equipment that will assist you in better performing these activities.
- Your Speech Therapists will assess and treat your ability to communicate, problem solve, and reason. They also
may address problems with swallowing.
- Your Case Manager will explain the different details of your stay, explore with you any changes in your life and
coordinate your discharge.
- Other members of your rehab team may include a dietitian, a psychologist, and/or an orthotic/prosthetic consultant.
Your therapy sessions and activities will be posted on a daily schedule. Your personal physician will follow your
progress and remain in charge of your medical care.
Go Back to the Rehab main page