West Jeff Rehab Center
The following describes the criteria for admission to West Jefferson Medical Center’s Rehab Unit:
- The patient requires the active and ongoing therapeutic intervention of multiple therapy disciplines
(physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech-language pathology, or prosthetics/orthotics), one of
which will be physical or occupational therapy.
- The patient requires an intensive rehabilitation therapy program. This intensive rehabilitation
therapy program will either consist of at least 3 hours of therapy per day at least 5 days per week
or will consist of at least 15 hours of intensive rehabilitation therapy within a 7 consecutive day period,
beginning with the date of admission.
- The patient can reasonably be expected to actively participate in, and benefit significantly from, the intensive
rehabilitation therapy program at the time of admission. The patient can be expected to make measurable improvement
(that will be of practical value to improve the patient’s functional capacity or adaptation to impairments) in a
reasonable period of time.
- The patient will require physician supervision by a rehabilitation physician to assess the patient both medically
and functionally, as well as to modify the course of treatment as needed to maximize the patient’s capacity to benefit
from the rehabilitation process.
- The patient requires an intensive and coordinated interdisciplinary approach to their rehabilitation.
Go Back to the Rehab main page