WJMC Patient Registration
Insurance Plans We Accept
Managed Care and Governmental Payors:
• Aetna Better Health
• American LifeCare
• AmeriHealth Carnitas
• Benefit Management
• Blue Cross HMO & PPO
• Community Care Network (CCN)
• Louisiana Healthcare Connections
• Multiplan, Inc.
• PPO Plus
• PPO USA GEHA
• Private HealthCare Systems
• State Group Benefits
• Tricare Champus
• United Healthcare
Mental Health Providers:
• American Psych Systems
• Magellan Behavioral Health
• Mental Health Network
• United Behavioral Health
• Canon Hospice
• Concerned Care
• Heart of Hospice
• Hospice Care of LA
• Odyssey Healthcare Inc
• River Region Hospice
• St. Joseph Hospice
*** Please be advised that Labcorp is the preferred laboratory provider for Blue Cross HMO and Coventry
If you are covered by Medicare:
When you come to register, we will need a copy of your Medicare card to verify eligibility and process your claim. You should be aware that Medicare excludes payment for certain items such as cosmetic procedures, some oral surgery procedures, personal comfort items, hearing aids and others.
Deductibles and co-payments are the responsibility of the patient.
What is an Advance Beneficiary Notice (“ABN”) and what does it mean for me?
• An “ABN” is a written notice that you may receive from a provider prior to services being rendered notifying you of the following:
- Medicare will probably deny payment for your scheduled service
- The reason that payment may be denied
- You will be financially responsible if payment is denied
The ABN will also give you the option of refusing the service if you do not wish to be financially liable.
If you are presented with an ABN for your outpatient services, you have two (2) options:
- By selecting “Option 1: Yes”, you are stating that you wish to receive the scheduled service and understand that you will be held financially responsible should Medicare deny the claim.
- By selecting “Option 2: No”, you will not receive the scheduled services and a claim will not be submitted to Medicare.
For additional information on the Advance Beneficiary Notice, visit the Medicare web site at www.medicare.gov
What is the Medicare Secondary Payor (MSP) form and questions?
Medicare required that a series of questions be asked each time a Medicare patient registers for services to assist with determining which payor will be primary for that particular service and/or claim.
If you are covered by Medicaid:
When you come to register, please make sure to bring your Medicaid card so we can verify your eligibility on the particular date of service.
If you are a Community Care member and are coming to the facility for any outpatient service, please bring your Referral with you to expedite the check-in process.
Back to Patient Registration Home