Department: EEG located on the 2nd floor of the Main Hospital
(use elevators near the Emergency Room)
***Patient should report to Central Registration at least ½ hour prior to the scheduled appointment time to register/check-in.
- The patient must eat within two hours prior to the test being performed.
- Hair must be washed the night before the test.
- Please do not oil, spray or tease hair and scalp must be clean.
- Adults cannot sleep for 24 hours prior to the test being performed.
- Children may sleep from 7:00pm to 11:00pm and kept awake for the remainder of the night.
- Patients must not have any stimulants prior to the test, ex: coffee and chocolate.
- Please do not take any newly prescribed medications until after the test has been performed.
Back to Patient Registration Home