Cardiolite Spect Scan - Myocardial Perfusion Injection and Scan
Department: Nuclear Medicine on the 2nd floor of the Main Hospital
(use the elevators near the Emergency Room)
***Patient should report to Central Registration at least ½ hour prior to the scheduled appointment
time to register/check-in.
A special type of medication will be ordered specifically for
this exam. It will be ordered the day before your test. Please make every effort to keep this appointment.
If you can not keep this appointment, please call within 24 hours to either 349-6300 or 349-1472.
- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight the night before your test.
- No milk or milk products are to be consumed while this study is in process.
- Do not take any Beta-blocker medication 24 hours before the test.
- Dress very comfortably for this test (jogging pants and tennis shoes).
- Please feel free to bring a light sweater or jacket, some reading material or a listening headset with your
favorite music, book on tape or CD, being that your test may be lengthy.
Back to Patient Registration Home