CT of Abdomen and Pelvis WITHOUT Contrast
Department: Cat Scan (on 1st floor of Main Hospital)
***Patient should report to Central Registration at least ½ hour prior to the scheduled appointment time to register/check-in.
- You must pick up your oral contrast in the CT department on the first floor in Radiology, Monday-Friday only, between the hours of 8:00am-5:00pm.
- Contrast must be picked up the day before the exam.
- You will be given instructions on how to drink the contrast. This may cause mild cramping and some diarrhea, but the drink is necessary to get the
diagnostic results required when the CT scan is performed.
- Please do not eat or drink anything 2 hours before the procedure except for the contrast.
- After arriving in the CT department, the CT nurse will start an IV.
- You can be scanned with your clothes on. However, you can save yourself time by dressing appropriately. Wear comfortable clothing such as a sweat suit.
Please do not wear clothing with metal; ex: zippers or suspenders with metal.
- If applicable, remove all body piercings.
- Female patients are asked not to wear a bra or only wear a sports bra or a bra that does not have metal in it. If you have to wear a bra with metal in it,
it can be removed in the CT dressing room.
- Please bring a list of all medications that you are currently taking.
Back to Patient Registration Home