Total Joint Connection:
The Joint Connection pre-admit classes are designed to better prepare you for your total knee replacement or your total hip replacement surgery.
Classes are held in the Gretna classroom, located on The Hall of History next to the cafeteria on the main hall of the hospital. This class is
in addition to your pre-admit appointment. The class times are coordinated with your pre-admit appointment to respect your time.
Class times are as follows:
- Knee replacement patients – Tuesday mornings 10:00am – 11:00 am
- Hip replacement patients – Wednesday afternoon 2:30 pm – 3:30 pm
NOTE: if you cannot keep your scheduled appointment call 349-1106
The pre-op registration area is open between 08:00 am and 3:20 pm. You should have a pre-admit appointment scheduled. If you do not,
please call 504-349-2437 to schedule an appointment.
- Brief review of information and paperwork in folder
- Videos highlighting:
Discussion and demonstration by physical therapist
- - Arthritis and anatomy of joint (knee or hip)
- - Surgical procedure
- - Surgery preparation
- - Potential risks and complications of surgery
- - Pain management after surgery - PCA pump, nerve blocks
- - Plan of care after surgery and discharge planning
Discharge planning needs assessment for case management department. It is important that you provide some information that
will help the case manager make sure your needs are met. This information is important to make your return home a smooth
transition. You may complete the CASE MANAGEMENT forms in this folder if you are comfortable doing so. We will complete
them during the class and answer all questions at that time.
- - Hands on practice using rolling walker for post operative preparation
Go Back to the Orthopedics main page